• Historic site and monument

Chapel of Our Lady of the Carmelites

The chapel was founded in 1756 by the inhabitants of the villages of Chamonix and Barey. The architecture remains very close to previous constructions.

Historic site and monument Chapel of Our Lady of the Carmelites Magland

About

Magland (74300)

Inside, a white marble slab recalls the generosity of the Coudray family, who emigrated to Germany. In the 1750s, it notably provided a statuette of the Black Madonna (perfect copy of the Black Madonna of Our Lady of Altötting, a Bavarian sanctuary) and another representing the Virgin with Christ taken down from the Cross (1757).

Prices

Free access.

Reception

Languages spoken : French

Opening

All year round, daily.

Access

Chamonix-les-Mottets 74300 Magland
Information update on 14/11/2022 by Cluses Arve & montagnes Tourisme