• Historic site and monument

Chapel of la Combe

The Chapel of La Combe was founded by two inhabitants, Jean and Balthasard Berthier, in 1685

Historic site and monument Chapel of la Combe Saint-Gervais-les-Bains


Saint-Gervais-les-Bains (74170)
Guided individual tours on request

    1 1

    It is dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Saint Symphorian and Saint Anthony of Padua. It is testimony to the deep spirituality in the region in the 17th century, and the desire of the inhabitants to feel protected by one or more saints.

    Inscriptions on the façade, sheltered by a canopy, encourage parishioners to pray.

    Renovated in 1865 thanks to the initiative of a group of local residents known as the "dizaine", the chapel is now decorated in the neo-Gothic style inspired by the Carmelite religious order. The decoration includes painted wooden statuettes representing the main saints of the order, such as Saint Angel, Saint Simon Stock, Saint John of the Cross, Saint Teresa of Avila, Saint Mary of Jesus, Saint Magdalene of Pazzi, and the prophet Elijah, considered to be the precursor of the Carmelites.


    Free access.


    Languages spoken : French


    From 15/06 to 23/09, daily.

    Labels and rating



    534 chemin des chattrix hameau de la Combe 74170 Saint-Gervais-les-Bains
    Information update on 23/02/2024 by Office de Tourisme de Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc