This house was acquired in 1559 by Thomas Jacquerod who transmitted it to his descendants, the noble Loys de Bonnevaux. The Fonbonne name appears only belatedly. At the end of the 18th century, a rich Englishman, William Beckford, stayed at the castle and held memorable parties in Evian. Transformed into a hotel around 1860, the building underwent several restorations. In 1999, the City of Evian acquired the former dining room, which was converted into a temporary exhibition room. Recently, the city has created a medieval herb garden with a gazebo.