These wide-sided and low-draft boats were used until the Second World War to transport various materials, in particular stones from the Meillerie quarries. Art and literature have celebrated their characteristic silhouette, inseparable from the Lake Geneva landscapes. The Savoie was built in Thonon between 1997 and 2000 using old templates and some tools from the past. This project was born from the passion of volunteers united within the association Mémoire du Léman. The Savoie sails every summer on the lake. It's the largest lateen sail barque currently navigating.
Adult: 13 to 18 €
Child: 8 to 10 €.
Free entry for children < 6 years.
From 02/05 to 26/09, daily.
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- Possibility of drop-off in front of the site
- Reception staff trained in the French Sign Language
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities
Information update on 19/07/2023 by Evian Tourisme et Congrès