- 800g cheese (e.g. half Savoyard Emmental, half Beaufort)
- ½ bottle of Abymes white wine from Savoie
- 1 clove of garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large farmhouse loaf, cut into cubes
- Grate the cheese and put it in the fondue pot, having first rubbed this with the clove of garlic. Pour in the white wine.
- Heat gently, mixing well with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Add some ground pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Leave the fondue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Place the pot on its stand and use fondue forks to dip pieces of bread into the pot.