• Historic site and monument

Viry Church

Built in 1844, in the Neo-Classical style with a Basilica layout. The square bell tower has a clock on three sides, each clock facing a hamlet.

Historic site and monument Viry Church Viry

About

Viry (74580)
Animals not allowed

The interior of the church is lavish. Two benches of the lords of Viry remain in place with the carved coat of arms "Virtute Viry" (strength is born of virtue). The family vault can be found below. The chapel of the lords was previously locked.
The old church, demolished in 1843, was deemed shapeless and without structure by Claude Louis Naz, the vicar of Viry. The interior pillars and pilasters are made from sandstone and molasse coming from the tower and buttresses of the old church. The cut limestone was extracted from Mont Salève (quarry above the Grand Châble)

Prices

Free access.

Reception

Animals not allowed
Languages spoken : French

Opening

All year round, daily.

Labels and rating

Access

74580 Viry
Information update on 11/03/2020 by Office de Tourisme des Monts de Genève