• Historic site and monument

Notre Dame de Lourdes Oratory – Le Char

A hut-like oratory, with grey rendered walls and four-sided metal roof topped with a metal cross.

Historic site and monument Notre Dame de Lourdes Oratory – Le Char Flumet

About

Flumet (73590)

Hut-like oratory with grey rendered walls and four-sided metal roof topped with a metal cross (instrument of the Passion, nails and hammer) ; barrel vault topped with stone; recessed alcove framed by a type of grey marble, inscribed with the words: “Year of the Jubliee 1826”, and protected by a fine wrought-iron grill.
Inside, a plaster statue of Notre Dame de Lourdes (1m20), 2 cherubs on each shoulder ; 2 frames (St Jeanne de Chantal and St François de Sales), 2 statues of St Peter and St Paul, several vases; on the right of the alcove, a stone font; a rose along the right-hand wall.

Labels and rating

19th C

Access

Le Dodécagone Avenue de Savoie 73590 Flumet

From Flumet, take the old Flumet-La Giettaz road as far as the place known as "Le Char", in between the Bouchex and Burtin houses, or alternatively continue along the road from Freney and Les Loustets.

Information update on 15/06/2018 by Office de Tourisme du Val d'Arly