• Historic site and monument

The Casino

Today's casino was designed and built by Albert Hébrard in 1912 in place of the Blonay barons' castle which burned down the year before

Historic site and monument The Casino Évian-les-Bains

About

Évian-les-Bains (74500)

Ennemond de Blonay (1838-1878)—last descendant of his family and Evian mayor—installed a municipal casino there before bequeathing it to the city. With 15,000 m² of shore line, a new dock and gardens were created. The reinforced concrete building is shaped like a grand central hall and opens to all the annexes: concert halls, game and reading rooms, and a restaurant. It is topped by an impressive decorated cupola that has hints of Byzantine influences. One of the two side staircases, which have been removed, gave access to large covered patios with a view of the Léman.

Reception

Languages spoken : English, French
Languages of documentation : English, French

Opening

Throughout the year : open daily.

Labels and rating

20th C

Access

Quai Besson 74500 Évian-les-Bains
Information update on 26/01/2021 by Evian Tourisme et Congrès