• Historic site and monument

Saint Pierre Chapel, Le Villaret

Place of prayer, open daily thanks to the volunteers of the village. Its existence is proved true since 1638.
The inside as well as the facade were renewed in 2010-2012.

Historic site and monument Saint Pierre Chapel, Le Villaret Peisey-Nancroix

About

Peisey-Nancroix (73210)

The chancel is sheltered behind a beautiful turned wood grate.
The central altarpiece is occupied by a picture which represents the coronation of the Virgin by the trinity, with Saint Peter, Saint-Paul and Saint Barthelemy (carrying his own skin on his right hand and a butcher knife. Barthelemy was one of the twelve apostles. Tortured to death, skinned alive. He is the patron saint of the tanners: the tanneries of the valley were settled at le Villaret.)
The decoration of the chapel is in red and blue tones, with many angels.
On sides: saint François de Sales, patron saint of Savoy,
Saint Jean the evangelist, with the eagle at his feet.
Above on the left: Saint-Maurice of Agaune, patron saint of the House of Savoy, to the right: saint Michel bringing down the dragon.
We shall notice the beautiful beam of glory with the crucifixion, Saint Marie and Saint Jean.

    1 14

    Prices

    Free of charge

    Opening

    From 21/01 to 31/12 : open daily.

    Equipments
    • Parking

    Access

    Peisey-Nancroix Le Villaret 73210 Peisey-Nancroix

    At the entrance of the Villaret, on the right of the main road.

    Near shuttle stop
    Information update on 04/01/2018 by Office de Tourisme de Peisey Vallandry