• Historic site and monument

Saint Bon chapel

The chapel of la Roche, hamlet of Montagny (Savoie) has been built in 1650 and is dedicated to Saint Bon.

Outside, the facade is sober with only a chain link to the bell – 50 cm of diameter.

On the altarpiece painting with neoclassical type, Saint Bon in its archbishop clothes is supervised by local Saint who are François de Sales and Amédée of Savoy. The virgin is above them in the cloud.

In one part and the other, the artist has played with wood fibre, bending the polychrome representation of Saint Germain and Augustin !
While in the centre there is only a golden wood crucifix, a glass recessed is located on the left side of the chapel: You can see there a small statue of a Virgin crowned with a child, made in wood with golden leaf, the size is the same of the Villard’s one.

Historic site and monument Saint Bon chapel Montagny

About

Montagny (73350)

    1 2

    Prices

    Free of charge.

    Reception

    Languages spoken : French

    Opening

    All year round, daily.

    Labels and rating

    17th C

    Access

    La Roche 73350 Montagny

    More informations

    Information update on 27/12/2021 by Communauté de Communes Val Vanoise - Vallée de Bozel Tourisme