• Historic site and monument

Le Moulin de Léré

The mill was built in 1790 and was operated until 1860. it was purchased in 1999 by Nadine and Jean-Louis, lovers of all things old and mechanic.

Historic site and monument Le Moulin de Léré Vailly


Vailly (74470)
Guided individual tours on request

They renovated the building and its mill in accordance with tradition.

What was the mill for? The village mill was used for several things. The millstones made grain into flour (provided by the villagers) whilst the miller looked after the forge to make horse shoes or repair the cart.

After harvest, the miller prepared for winter by storing hay on the top floor of the mill protected from bad weather to feed his flock.


Free of charge


Languages spoken : French
Languages visits : French


All year round, daily.


Sous la Côte 74470 Vailly
Information update on 13/08/2020 by Office de Tourisme des Alpes du Léman