• Historic site and monument

Chapel of Charmette

The chapel of La Charmette is called Notre-Dame des Neiges.

Historic site and monument Chapel of Charmette Manigod

About

Manigod (74230)

The apse of the chapel has a bow.
The side façades are decorated with four stained glass windows.
The ogival front door is surmounted by an oculus and the inscription "Our Lady of the Snows protect us".

Its bell, made in 1869, melted in Annecy le Vieux by the Paccard Brothers, bears, among other things, the names of its godfathers and godmothers, as well as two motifs of the Virgin and Christ on the cross. Its diameter is 57 centimeters.

The size of the municipality creates problems of connection and accessibility. Indeed, the hamlet of La Charmette is located nearly 5 kilometers from the village. At the time, it was decided to regroup in a hamlet, so this grouping into a “village” around the bread oven and the chapel made life a little easier.

Nearby, the oratory of Notre-Dame-des-Neiges was also built in the 19th century to seek protection against avalanches.

    1 2

    Prices

    Free of charge.

    Reception

    Languages spoken : French

    Opening

    All year round, daily.

    Access

    74230 Manigod
    Information update on 16/06/2021 by Office de tourisme de Manigod