Tractor Farm Academy (plastic tractor race) all day long, blessing and tasting of Bescoin (local bread), outdoor games in the afternoon, giant Tartiflette and dance in the evening.
In Le Grand-Bornand, the giant Tartiflette has become the icon of August 15th. The recipe to make this perfect Giant tartiflette: fill a giant pan with over 170kg of potatoes, 50kg of smoked bacon, 50kg of onions and do not forget the 140 local Reblochon!
Event Programme 2018 :
- 9am: Timed cycling race "Le Bouquetin" (climb up the road of Col de la Colombière.)
- From 10.30am until 11.30am: "Tractor Farm Academy" Training for all (plastic tractor race)
- 11am: "Le Bouquetin" race prize ceremony
- 11.30am: blessing, Bescoin tasting (traditional anise Savoyard brioche) and drinks with live music
- From 12.30pm until 1.30pm : "Tractor Farm Academy" qualifying
- From 2pm, on the village square: games for everyone, bowling, Biathlon Air Gun shooting, Airbag jump, pedal tractors...
- 3pm: "Tractor Farm Academy" final
- 4pm: cooking of the giant Tartiflette
- 6.45pm: "Tractor Farm Academy" prize ceremony
- 7pm : dinner on the village square.
Menu: apéritif drink, tartiflette, pie, coffee. Drinks are not included.
- 8.30pm: raffle draw
- 9pm: dance
Entertainments prices: free for spectators, paying for participants (2€ / game, day pass 10€)
Meal prices: adult 13€, children 8€ (under 10).
Thursday 15 August at 10.30 AM.
Place de l'église
Le Grand-Bornand Village
74450 Le Grand-Bornand
Du lundi au vendredi de 9h à 12h30 et de 13h30 à 17h30