Tractor Farm Academy (plastic tractor race), giant Tartiflette .
In Le Grand-Bornand, the giant Tartiflette has become the icon of August 15th. The recipe to make this perfect Giant tartiflette: fill a giant pan with over 170kg of potatoes, 50kg of smoked bacon, 50kg of onions and do not forget the 140 local Reblochon!
- 9am: Timed cycling race "Le Bouquetin" (climb up the road of Col de la Colombière.)
- From 10.30am until 11.30am: "Tractor Farm Academy" Training for all (plastic tractor race)
- 11am: "Le Bouquetin" race prize ceremony
- 11.30am: blessing, Bescoin tasting (traditional anise Savoyard brioche) and drinks with live music
- From 12.30pm until 1.30pm : "Tractor Farm Academy" qualifying
- From 2pm, on the village square: games for everyone, bowling, Biathlon Air Gun shooting, Airbag jump, pedal tractors...
- 3pm: "Tractor Farm Academy" final
- 4pm: cooking of the giant Tartiflette
- 6.45pm: "Tractor Farm Academy" prize ceremony
- 7pm : dinner on the village square (book your ticket in advance at the Visitor Centre). Menu: apéritif drink, tartiflette, pie, coffee. Drinks are not included.
- 8.30pm: raffle draw
- 9pm: dance
- 10pm: Fireworks
Prices for the meal 2017 : 13 € per adult, 8 € per child (aged under 10).
Du lundi au vendredi de 9h à 12h30 et de 13h30 à 17h30